The Opel Blitz 3.6-47 type W39 Ludewig was a German staff bus of the WWII period, designed on the chassis of the well-known Opel Blitz three ton truck. Series production lasted from 1939 until 1943, at the Ludewig plant in the German city of Essen. Almost three thousand units of this type were produced during this time, which were employed at every front of the war, as a conveyance for officers and an ambulance, as well as a staff transport, a telephone exchange, a radio station, and more.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s recommended colors. Roden recommends Vallejo paints for this kit, and you can find the full line by clicking here.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Get all your basic tools in one convenient pack here.
Skill Level: 3
- High quality plastic pieces
- Includes illustrated instructions
- Includes decals for two versions:
- Opel 3.6-47 Blitz Omnibus Staffwagen, unknown unit of the Deutsche Afrika Korps, Tunisia, late 1942
- Opel 3.6-47 Blitz Omnibus Staffwagen, unknown Wehrmacht unit, Eastern Front, late 1941
Matte Natural Wood