Shi Lang (or Liaoning) was originally laid down in 1985 for the Soviet Navy as a Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier known first as Riga and then later as Varyag. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, construction was halted and the stripped ship was put up for sale. In 1998 it was purchased by China and and towed to the Dalian naval shipyard where it was rebuilt and commissioned into the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) as Liaoning in September 2012. Its Chinese ship class designation is Type 001. In November 2016, the political commissar of Liaoning, Commodore Li Dongyou, stated that she was combat ready.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Click here to get all your basic tools in one convenient pack!
Skill Level: 4
- Painting and assembly required
- 25 sprues
- Includes display stand and nameplate
- One-piece upper and lower hulls, waterline plate and flight deck
- Build full hull or waterline version
- Two decal sheets
- Includes parts to include the following aircraft: J-15, Ka-28, Ka-31 and Z-8
- One photo-etched fret
- Molded in grey
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide
*Cyanoacrylate glue is required for photo-etched parts*
Cocoa Brown or Hull Red
Gold Flat Black