The Merkava is a main battle tank used by the Israel Defense Forces. The tank began development in 1973 and entered active service in 1978. Four main versions of the tank have been deployed. It was first used extensively in the 1982 Lebanon War. The "Merkava" name was derived from the IDF's initial development program name.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s suggested colors.
Skill Level: 4
- Painting and assembly required
- 8 sprues
- Molded in high-quality plastic
- One decal sheet
- One-piece upper and lower hulls
- 155mm thread
- Individual plastic track links
- Poly caps
- One photo-etched fret
- Israeli infantry and tank driver figures included
- Applique armor and anti-slip mold
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide