The M9 ACE (Armored Combat Earthmover) was first fielded by the US Army in 1986. It’s seen action in the Persian Gulf Wars of 1991 and 2003. It was designed to move earth quickly, and the unique hydropneumatic suspension allows the front end to tilt up or down and dig in with the dozer blade. It was originally intended to be amphibious, but successive improvements made it too heavy.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s recommended colors. Takom recommends Ammo of Mig Jimenez paint for this kit, and you can find them all by clicking each color below.
Skill Level: 3
- Workable hatches
- Eight types of markings
- Individual workable tracks
- Detailed static display plastic model
- Dozer blade can be elevated or depressed
- Ejector moves back and forth
- Suspension can be built raised or lowered
- Photo-etched parts and clear parts
*Cement is recommended for polystyrene plastic*
A.MIG905 Dunkelgelb Shine