The Eurocopter HH-65 Dolphin is a twin-engine, single main rotor, MEDEVAC-capable search and rescue helicopter operated by the United States Coast Guard. It is a variant of the French-built Eurocopter AS 365 Dauphin. The HH-65C is the updated version of the HH-65. The engines were exchanged for the new Arriel 2C2-CG engines that provided 40% more power, plus an upgraded tail gearbox, long-nose avionics compartment, increased 9,480 lb MTOW, an expanded lateral flight envelope and Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) with First Limit Indicator (FLI). The first retrofit was completed in October 2004.
Please see the paint guide below for Trumpeter’s suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Rotor Diameter: 11.9”
- Painting and assembly required
- 16 sprues
- Photo-etched parts for seatbelts and interior details
- Detailed left and right fuselage
- Clear parts
- Highly detailed cockpit and gear cabin
- Fully detailed rotors
- Illustrated instructions on back of box
Dark Gull Grey