The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic, twin-engine, two-seat, variable-sweep wing aircraft. It first flew on December 21, 1970. The F-14 was the United States Navy's primary maritime air superiority fighter, fleet defense interceptor and tactical reconnaissance platform from 1974 to 2006. It later performed precision strike missions once it was integrated with the Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night LANTIRN system. The US Navy received 478 F-14A aircraft and 79 were received by Iran.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
- Painting and assembly required
- 7 sprues
- Molded in high-quality plastic
- One decal sheet
- Clear parts
- Fully engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit interior and landing gear compartment
- Various under-wing weapons included
- Optional position landing gear, tail hook & nose cone
- Movable "Swing Wing”
- Two crew figures
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide