The increasing strength of the Italian Air Force made it urgent to replace the obsolete Hansa D.I. The Albatros D.II improved upon the German development. In total, 16 aircraft of the D.II (Oeffag) type were built, with the serial numbers 53.01-53.16. Together with the more modern D.III (Oeffag), these planes were intensively used until the last days of World War One. At least two Oeffag D.IIs survived the war and served in post-war Czechoslovakia and Hungary.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s recommended colors. Roden recommends Humbrol paints for this kit, and you can find the full line by clicking here.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Get all your basic tools in one convenient pack here.
Skill Level: 3
- Molded in grey
- Includes decals for five versions:
- Albatros D.II, Imperial German Air Force, 53.05, Rudolf Blass, Flik 25, Galicia, November 1917
- Albatros D.II, Imperial German Air Force, 53.03, Rudolf Lonstak, Flik 14, Galicia, June 1917
- Albatros D.II, K.uK Luftfahrttruppen, Flik 3/D, 53.11, Rudolf von Szepessy-Sokol, Galicia, September 1917
- Albatros D.II, K.uK Luftfahrttruppen, Flik 22/D, 53.08, Galicia, 1917
- Albatros D.II, K.uK Luftfahrttruppen, Flik 23, 53.02, Julius Kowalczik, Pergine, June 1917
- Full instructions, paint and decal placement guides
*Cement is recommended for polystyrene plastic*
Matte Natural Wood
Matte US Dark Green