The story of the most famous plane of the First World War, the Fokker Dr.1, would be incomplete without the story of its pre-production model, the Fokker F.I. Although only three were built, it left an indelible trace in the history of air fighting in the Great War. Two planes were delivered to the Front for assessment under fighting conditions with the best of the best, the Flying Circus. The F.I took part in one of the most famous conflicts of the War, when a single plane was surrounded by seven British crafts and shot down, killing one of Germany’s top aces. The military issued Fokker with an order for 300 triplanes under the designation Dr.I, and soon this small three winged machine would become historic as the plane flown by the most famous German aces and, thanks to the Red Baron, one of the symbols of the First World War.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s recommended colors. Roden recommends Humbrol paints for this kit, and you can find the full line by clicking here.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Get all your basic tools in one convenient pack here.
Skill Level: 3
- Molded in high quality plastic
- Illustrated instructions
- Includes decals for three versions:
- Fokker F.I 103/17 (w/n 1730), Jasta 10, Lt Werner Voss (48 victories, Pour le Merite), Northern France, Marckebeke airfield, September 1917
- Fokker F.I 101/17 (w/n 1697), developed from V4 prototype. Plane never reached the front; used for trials in Fokker factory at Schwering-Gorries), August 1917
- Fokker F.I 102/17 (w/n 1729) Jasta 11, Oblt. Kurt Wolff (33 victories, Pour le Merite), Northern France, Phalempin airfield, September 15, 1917.
*Cement is recommended for polystyrene plastic*
Matte Dark Grey
Matte Natural Wood
Matte US Dark Green
Metallic Matte Aluminum
Matte Olive Drab
Matte Steel Grey