The Douglas A-3 Skywarrior was a strategic nuclear bomber developed for the US Navy. The aircraft had a largely conventional semi-monocoque fuselage with two J57 turbojet engines in underwing nacelles. The A-3's wings can be folded for storage below deck. It sports a radar-controlled tail turret and a crew of three. The A-3 Skywarrior project started in 1947.The prototype XA3D-1 first flew in October 1952 and then entered service with the Navy Heavy Attack Squadron One in 1956. Production ended in 1961. In total Douglas built 282 Skywarriors.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Click here to get all your basic tools in one convenient pack!
Skill Level: 3
- Requires paint and glue for assembly
- Illustrated instructions
- 6 sprues
- For use with 1/350 scale aircraft carriers
- Decals for EA-3B Skywarrior of VQ-2 Batmen aboard USS Nimitz in 1976 Med Cruise
- Includes parts to build 6 aircraft
- Landing gear molded in black
- Fuselage molded in grey
- Canopy molded in clear
- Foldable wings