The USS Cole guided missile destroyer homeported in Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia. It is one of 62 authorized Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyers, and one of 21 members of the Flight I-class that utilized the 5in (130mm) / 54 caliber gun mounts found on the earliest of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers. The ship was delivered to the Navy in March 1996. In October 2000, Cole was the target of an attack carried out by al-Qaeda in the Yemeni port of Aden, when two suicide bombers detonated explosives carried in a small boat near the warship, killing 17 sailors, injuring 39 others, and damaging the ship.
Please see the paint guide below for Trumpeter’s suggested colors.
- Requires paint and glue for assembly
- Illustrated instructions and paint profile
- 10 sprues
- Build full hull or waterline version
- Clear parts
- Photo-etched parts
- Includes display stand and nameplate
- One-piece hulls, waterline plate and deck
- Slide-molded lower hull and sponsons
Medium Gunship Grey