The coastal Type II U-Boats were the first vessels of their class built in Germany after the end of WWI. The improved IIB series submarines were adopted into the Kriegsmarine in 1935 and 1936. Two flotillas were formed with these vessels: the 1st Weddigen and the 3rd Lohs. At the beginning of WWII the Type II u-boats were in active use as mine layers in ports and river estuaries in England and on the Scottish east coast. They were also used in the anti-shipping struggle in the English Channel area. From spring 1941 the coastal u-boats were used mainly in a training role in the Baltic.
ICM recommends Model Master paints for this kit. Click to explore their full line of enamels, acrylics, metalizers and sprays!
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Click here to get all your basic tools in one convenient pack!
Skill Level: 2
- Painting and assembly required
- 3 sprues
- Molded in grey
- One decal sheet
- Two-piece hull
- One-piece deck
- Display stand
- Detailed mast assembly
- Includes markings for the following versions:
- U-19, Kptlt. J. Schepke, March 1940
- U-19, Kptlt. H. Meckel, August 1939
- U-9, Oblt. W. Luth, May 1940
- U-9, Kptlt. L. Mathes, September 1939
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide
Light Ghost Grey