Like other types such as the Sd.Kfz.222 and Sd.Kfz.223, this particular variant was based on an Auto-Union 801 chassis and it was powered by a Horch 8-cylinder engine. The Sd.Kfz.260 was designed specifically as an armored, but unarmed, radio communication vehicle. Some 493 examples were produced from 1940 till 1943. Used by signals units, they provided mobility and some degree of protection. A standard crew comprised four soldiers, and the little vehicle was capable of reaching speeds of 85km/h and it had a range of 310km. It was fitted with an Fu.7 medium-range radio set connected to a rod antenna. The Sd.Kfz.260 was eventually replaced in service by halftrack radio vehicles.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey
- Intricate external stowage included
- Tow hook molded on both front and rear of the vehicle
- Finely molded one-piece hull
- Chassis presented in full details
- Delicate wheels with authentic tire tread pattern
- Turret shields assembled in separate parts
- Spare wheels included
- Finely molded jerry can included
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*