The Panzerfähre (abbreviated to ‘PzF’) was an amphibious tractor conveniently based on the chassis of a Panzer IV Ausf.F tank. Development of the Panzerfähre began in early 1941, and by mid-1942 Magirus had delivered two prototypes. The lightly armored, fully tracked vehicle had a boat-like bow and a propeller at the stern. The amphibian’s main function was combat supply on land and in water. It could tow an amphibious trailer, or alternatively it could work in tandem with another Panzerfähre as a floating ferry platform capable of carrying a 24-ton load. However, because heavier tanks were appearing on the scene, the PzF never went into production because of its inadequate payload.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey
- Chain links of front and rear hulls and rivets on upper hull
- Detailed air intake, spotlights, and commander’s compartment
- Detailed assembly with 3D-designed engine exhaust mufflers
- Well-detailed cable drum and crane
- Detailed sprocket wheels, road wheels, suspension and idler wheels
- One-piece DS tracks
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*
Light Gull Grey