The Lockheed Martin P-3C Orion is an anti-submarine aircraft in the US Navy, developed as the succeeding aircraft of the P-2 Neptune. Lockheed’s design increased the cabin capacity to 2.5 times that of the P-2 and noticeably improved the pay load and inhabitability. The max speed and the armament pay load were approximately doubled with this modification. The Type C, succeeding Types A and B, improved the efficiency of the anti-submarine operations considerably by installing an electronic data processing system and controlling the various data and information automatically through the centralized computer. The modernization plan of the Type C was performed with updates I, II and II. From update II onward, the AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile was mounted.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s suggested colors.
Skill Level: 2
- Painting and assembly required
- 5 sprues
- Clear parts
- Molded in grey plastic
- One decal sheet
- Assemble as P-3C update III or CP-140
- 30g ballast required for assembly (not included)
- Includes decals and paint guides for the following versions:
- US Navy VP-40 ‘Fighting Marlins’
- CP-140 Aurora Canadian Armed Forces, No. 407 Sqn.
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide
Wood Brown (for option A above only)
Dark Sea Grey
Light Grey FS 36375
Light Grey FS 16440
White FS 17875
Grey Blue (for option B above only)