The Opel Blitz truck was one of the most numerous and widespread in the German army and at the same time one of the best known types of vehicle of World War II. During its years of construction from 1937 to 1944 no fewer than 82,000 units were built. In the course of its many years of active service, apart from the basic cargo version, dozens of different specialized variants were developed utilizing the basic truck chassis, including even such exotic types as a hot air blower for use with equipment in winter time, mobile bath units, hairdressing vehicles, etc. However besides the classic truck, one of the most prominent and familiar types was the aviation fuel servicing truck, the Flugbetriebsstoff Kessel-Kraftwagen (Kfz.385), which was widely used in all theaters from North Africa to the Eastern Front.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer’s recommended colors. Roden recommends Vallejo paints for this kit, and you can find the full line by clicking here.
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Get all your basic tools in one convenient pack here.
Skill Level: 3
- High quality plastic pieces
- Includes illustrated instructions
- Includes decals for three versions:
- Opel Blitz Kfz.385 Tankwagen, (WL-323851), Eastern Front, Odesa airfield, November 1943-April 1944
- Opel Blitz Kfz.385 Tankwagen, (WL-157059), Germany, summer 1943
- Opel Blitz Kfz.385 Tankwagen, (WL-183675), Sicily, 1942
Matte Light Olive
Matte Natural Wood
Medium Blue Grey