Germany’s first attempt at creating a heavy tank commenced in the early 1930s. Known as the Neubau-Fahrzeug (“New Construction Vehicle”), it was not a success. Slow-moving and boasting multiple turrets, it was ill equipped for the type of rapid, mobile warfare that Blitzkrieg tactics required. For this reason, only five Neubau-Fahrzeug heavy tanks were built. The three 25.8-ton tanks participated in the 1940 invasion of Norway within a specially formed Panzerabteilung. Armament included a 7.5m KwK L/24 main gun, 3.7cm KwK L/45 cannon and two 7.92mm machine guns.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey
- New tooling
- Upper hull, turret with MG, 7.5cm KwK L/24 and 3.7cm KwK L/45 are slide-molded
- Detailed side fenders, on-vehicle tools, exhaust system and engine deck
- Drive sprockets and idler wheels accurately recreated
- Headlamp on front hull can be folded up or down
- One-piece suspension system
- Delicate DS tracks
- Includes decals
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*