Painting & Assembly Required. Ages 14 & Up.
As the longest, heaviest and most powerful rocket ever produced, the original Saturn V stood 110.6 meters high and had a diameter of 10.1 meters. The Saturn V was at the heart of NASA's Apollo and Skylab programs between 1967 and 1973. It was able to launch a 45-ton payload into space beyond Low Earth Orbit. A total of thirteen Saturn V launches took place, every one of them a success, plus they safely delivered twenty-four astronauts to the Moon.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Features: Display stand newly designed especially for Saturn V
- Detailed reaction control thruster and gimbals motor
- Detailed Apollo launch escape system (LES) and Command Service Module (CSM)
- Accurate cable tunnel, auxiliary propulsion system and aft skirt
- Realistic service propulson system and aft interstage
- Slide-molded S-ll second stage with J-2 engines and detailed pattern on bottom of S-lC first stage
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*
Light Gull Grey