The KC-135 ranks as one of the longest-lived aircraft currently used in front line service. The KC-135 evolved from a passenger jet transport design in the early 1950's that was almost immediately accepted by the United States Air Force. To this day, the KC-135 continues to serve as the one of the primary transport and mid-air refueling aircraft for the United States Air Force. First placed in service in 1957, up-dated versions of the KC-135 are still flying after over 54 years with many more years still to come. The KC-135A was the primary mid-air refueling aircraft for the airborne nuclear forces during the Cold War and served as an integral part of the elite Strategic Air Command.
Please see the paint guide below for Minicraft’s suggested colors. Click here to visit our paint store and choose your preferred brand of paint!
Is this your first time modeling, or your first time modeling in a while? Click here to get all your basic tools in one convenient pack!
Skill level: 2
- New engine tooling representing CFM-56 high efficiency engines
- Cartograf decals
- Clear parts
- Recessed panel lines and engraved details
- Detailed landing gear bay
- Includes the following markings:
- KC-135R (58-0018), 22nd ARW (931st ARG) McConnell AFB, 2013
- KC-135R (58-0023), Illinois Air National Guard, ca. 2005
Flat Black Grey
Air Mobility Command Grey FS 36173