When operations in Manchuria and Russia revealed that the performance of the low-velocity 57mm anti-tank gun of the Type 97 was inadequate, it was replaced with a 45mm gun to create the Shinhoto Type 97. Some of the original and now obsolete turrets mounting the 57mm gun were then retrofitted onto the Type 95 Ha-Go. The resulting hybrid was known as the Type 4 Ke-Nu, and just 100 vehicles were created in 1944. As such, the Type 4 came too late to have any significant impact on the war, and most vehicles were retained to protect the Japanese homeland from the expected Allied invasion.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey with photo-etched parts
- Realistic 57mm Type 4 cannon and 7.7mm machine gun included
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Upper hull with rivet detail molded on
- Intricate ventilation grills
- Detailed stowage box, on-vehicle tools and hull rear
- Fully detailed slide-molded lower hull
- Realistic suspension system, sprocket and idler wheels
- One-piece DS tracks
- Includes decals
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*