The HF.7 Stahlfeldwagen "steel field wagon" was introduced in several variants just before the outbreak of WW2. Officially, it was introduced in September 1939. Its deadweight was about 1 ton and it could carry a payload of 1.5 tons. An additional drawbar for motorized towing was available as an accessory. It was designed to be pulled by two horses. Fitted with small wheels and pneumatic tires rather than standard wooden 'wagon wheels', these HF.7 field wagons were widely used by German units.