This 4x4 heavy car was produced by Auto Union and Horch from 1938 onwards and served in all theaters of WWII. The original Type 1a had four-wheel steering, while the later Type 1b, produced from 1940 onwards, had regular front-wheel steering. This vehicle possessed four-wheel drive, but production ceased in 1941 as part of German efforts to standardize production. The personnel carrier was powered by a V8 Horch engine of 3.823-liter capacity.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey with clear and photo-etched parts
- Newly tooled Type 40 delicately produced
- Detailed dashboard and driver's compartment
- Slide-molded engine hood
- Floor with tread plate pattern and wheels with tire tread pattern
- Realistic fabric weather cover and suspension
- One-piece chassis and detailed rear
- Finely detailed vehicle tools molded on
- Realistic MG and headlamps included
- High-definition Cartograf decals
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*