German’s initial attempt at creating a heavy tank began in the early 1930s. Known as the Neubau-Fahrzeug (“New Construction Vehicle”), it was not a success. Slow-moving, boasting multiple turrets and requiring six crewmen, it wasn’t well suited to the type of rapid, mobile warfare that blitzkrieg tactics required. For this reason, only five Neubau-Fahrzeug heavy tanks were built by Rheinmetall-Borsig (Rh-B). The first two 23.41-ton prototypes (numbers 1-2) were manufactured in 1934 out of mild steel so they were not suitable for combat. Instead they were used by the tank training school at Putlos until 1940. The design featured a 3.7cm KwK L/45 cannon, a 7.5cm KwK L/24 main gun and two 7.92mm machine guns.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey
- Slide-molded upper hull and turret with MG
- 7.5cm KwK L/24 and 3.7cm KwK L/45 produced w/frame antenna
- Detailed side fenders and on-vehicle tools
- One-piece suspension system
- Detailed exhaust system, drive sprockets, idler wheels and engine deck
- Headlamp on front of hull can be folded up or down
- Delicate DS tracks
- Includes decals
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*