The German Heereswaffenamt (Army Weapons Department) started a rationalization and development to conserve materials and manpower as the war progressed. The Tiger Ⅱ was to be replaced by the E-75 of approximately 75 tons. The engine chosen was an improved version of the Maybach HL230 as fitted to the Panther and the Tiger II. Called the HL234, it developed 900 HP using fuel injection and was expected to produce up to 1200 HP with supercharging. The location of fuel tanks, radiators and fans was similar to the Tiger II. Maximum speed was to be 60 KPH. The idea was to assemble both types on the same production line, using identical production machinery and brought-in sub-assemblies.
Skill Level: 2
- Painting and assembly required
- 2 sprues
- One-piece black vinyl tracks
- One-piece upper and lower hulls
- One-piece turret
- Illustrated instructions and paint guide