Painting & Assembly Required. Ages 14 & Up.
This kit shows the Lunar Module (LM), christened Eagle, which landed on the southern Sea of Tranquility on July 20, 1969. The first astronaut to set foot on lunar soil was Neil Armstrong, followed by Buzz Aldrin. The LM spent less than 24 hours on the Moons surface, while the Command Module (CM) named Columbia orbited above. The spacecraft then returned to Earth on July 24, splashing down in the Pacific Ocean.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Features: Intricate docking target and VHF antenna on ascent stage
- Heat-reflecting material under the module
- Pre-painted landing pads and descent stage with aluminum foil and realistic engine
- Realistic ascent and descent stages, reaction control thruster and landing radar antenna
- Authentic ladder included
- S-band steerable antenna and rendezvous radar antenna can be folded up or down
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*