The Luftwaffe was numerically outnumbered as WWII progressed, with the Fatherland and tactical units constantly being bombed and strafed by enemy aircraft. This called for more effective anti-aircraft systems than Germany hitherto possessed. A new vehicle was planned – the 5.5cm Zwilling Flakpanzer V – though like the Flakpanzer V “Coelian”, it was never put into production. Development of the twin-barrel 5.5cm Zwilling was authorized on 8 May 1944 and it featured a special Krupp armored turret mounted on a Panther Ausf.G chassis. The anti-aircraft vehicle would require a four-man crew and carry 104 ammo rounds. A wooden prototype turret was completed by January 1945, although further development of the 5.5cm Zwilling Flakpanzer V was eventually cancelled on 14 February.
Please see the paint guide below for the manufacturer's suggested colors.
Skill Level: 3
Series: Armor Pro
Features: Molded in grey
- Newly tooled 5.5cm Zwilling Flak cannons can be posed at different angles
- Realistic gun mantlet assembled from multiple parts
- Detailed engine deck, rear plate and stowage boxes
- Highly detailed commander's cupola on accurately molded Flak turret
- Slide-molded upper hull with full detail
- Armored side skirt reproduced
- Intricate road wheels
- One-piece DS tracks
*Use only cement for polystyrene plastic*